Many people these days are realizing just how important it is to invest in a CCTV system. A CCTV system is made up of several cameras linked together on the same network to provide surveillance footage of a given area. While there are very many security systems that can help you protect your valuable investments, not all are very effective when it comes to meeting your needs. This post will reveal certain specifications to look for when you are searching for the best in CCTV camera resolution.
1. In order for you to choose the right CCTV resolutions, you must first understand the common resolution standards that are available in the market.
For example, all resolutions exceeding over 1 million pixels are usually denoted as megapixel. The same holds true for CCTV cameras and this can help your choose a good surveillance camera that captures clear images in all your recordings. Always remember that for your cameras to produce details pictures, choosing high-resolution cameras will always mean everything.
2. Similarly, you will also need to consider the illumination feature of a particular CCTV system in the market in order to get one that answers your needs.
For example, if you have a business that operates both day and night, you will need a camera that is able to capture great images both at night and day. While most camera will require sufficient lighting to produce detailed images, you will find that during the night when there is limited lighting this might not be the case. Luckily, with the many modern night vision systems that are developed today, you can be able to capture very high-quality pictures with or without lighting on that specific area.
3. Before choosing the perfect camera resolutions on the market shelves, it is advisable to check the lens of your CCTV system.
You must understand that the lens of your camera will give you the angle needed to meet your security demands. Besides helping you get clear video images, it will also increase your view-field, which will help you document any suspicious activity that is taking place in your business. Once you have picked the right lenses for your surveillance cameras, this will have the ability to greatly increase the scope of surveillance around your property.
4. The other thing you will need to consider is the camera platform, which will be running your security systems.
This has the potential to improve or limit the resolution capabilities that your cameras can provide. For example, analog cameras can transmit over coax and capture more than 700 lines (approximately full D1), while network or IP cameras can transmit over CAT5 much the same as ordinary computers. On the other hand, high-definition cameras may capture images in higher resolutions and then decode the data by making it available in coax. Once you have identified the platform you will be using to run your surveillance systems, choosing the best resolutions available will be much easier.
5. Additionally, remember to select a powerful CCTV camera application that can support the resolutions that you want. Normally, a CCTV set up will also include video recording equipment and you should make sure that the resolution capability available matches with the resolution offered by your cameras. Image resolutions may not necessary mean a lot when you are setting up your systems, but when a significant incident happens that is when you will notice how helpful this simple feature is. When the detectives visit your premise and find high-resolution pictures, they will be grateful since it will simplify their work when pinpointing criminals during a robbery.
Lastly, before selecting the right CCTV systems you should always make sure that the zooming feature is available. A zooming feature will allow you to focus on distant objects in your footage without sacrificing the overall image quality. Although the quality of the zoomed picture will normally depend on the initial recording resolution, you will still need to find a recording system that allows you to adjust zooming properties of your video surveillance systems. Similarly, if you are using a computer to store your recordings, make sure the hard drive capacity available is sufficient. Many are the times you will be required to let your security system to run throughout the night making sure that your property is safe.